Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yesterday, I popped into the One of a Kind Christmas Show and Sale to see what was new as well as see my favourite artisans from years past.  As usual, textiles, art and jewellery (plus the food) caught my attention.

A few of my favourite things:

ooak3

When I was at the Jenna Rose booth, one of the customers said that it looked “dreamy” and I have to agree.  Jenna hand screen prints each piece and the result are these gorgeous pillows.

ooak6

Nicole Tarasick was the darling of IDS this past year but this is her first time at OOAK.  Her screen printed pillows with a nod to Canada had everyone talking.  She is also a graphic designer who created these adorable wedding invitations encased in hankies.

image

I’m kicking myself for not purchasing these tea towels from Bookhou.  I had meant to go back but somehow forgot.  Tip:  if you see something you love, buy it right away because most likely you will forget where the booth is or run out of time!  (photo via Lisa.)

ooak1

Nova Scotia based Allyson Simmie creates the most beautiful jewellery from Canadian stones. I love the pieces made from pink rhodonite from British Columbia – so pretty.

ooak2

Would you believe that these “paintings” are actually paper collages – no paint was used in the making of these!  Mary Karavos selects only the finest papers and these works of art are the beautiful result.  She mentioned that the larger pieces can take months to complete.

ooak4

Kelly Grace’s booth drew me in with the handsome wallpaper but it’s her quirky retro art that had me mesmerized.  These hand painted wood panels entitled “Date Night” are an affordable $60 each.  A great way to start an art collection. Oh, and yes that is her real name and she does have a Grace Kelly work on display.

ooak5

Laurie Sponagle’s charcoal drawings are so realistic that they almost look like photographs.  I must own one someday!

You can read Lisa’s post on the show to see some of her favourites.  The show is on until December 4th, so you have plenty of time to stop in and shop.  You can read my posts on the previous year’s shows here.

If you need decorating help, please contact me at decorhappy(at)gmail(dot)com.  I would love to work with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment