Saturday, July 21, 2012

(First let me say, I’m not a big fan of the term “man cave” so if you can think of something else, please do share!)

While out for dinner with my blogger friends the other night, I mentioned that one of the rooms in my home that needs a lot of attention is our 4th bedroom.  We (our family) actually refer to it as the TV room but it’s a room predominantly used by Mr. Decor Happy.

We don’t have a finished basement with a large screen TV and I don’t see that happening any time soon.  We have plenty of space for the three of us above ground.  This is the room where Mr. DH goes to watch TV, read and nap.  It’s really his room and I rarely venture in except to iron (actually, come to think of it Mr. DH does my ironing for me!)   (It’s also the catch all room where we keep the ironing board and things that don’t really have a home.)  For this reason, I won’t be showing a Before pic. But if you picture a sad little room with a sofa bed and a TV from the 90’s then that would be it.

A New York City Apartment by Robert Couturier
 
So, I got to thinking that Mr. DH should have a room of his own with some personality.  Maybe something like the one above.  Because the room is used for the occasional guest, I am replacing the sofa bed with this West Elm day bed which arrived some time ago.  I recently lightened up the walls in my home, so this room got a coat of Para’s Special Edition, a light grey. Also, I should mention that it is a small room at only 12’ x 12’.

While at dinner, the ideas for the room were flying and I thought why not have my friends guest post about how they would decorate the room. They all had such unique ideas.

So, over the next week or so, Jen, Amy, Lindsey and Tim will give their take on The Man Cave.  And if you would like to participate, please let me know!

Check back on Monday for Jen’s take on the room.

We’re off to spend some time with Rick’s Mom in upstate New York.  Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment