Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Monday! Today, Amy (one of the sweetest bloggers I know and soon to be a Mom!) is here with her take on Mr. Decor Happy's Den. Take it away Amy!

Hello Decor Happy readers! I’m thrilled to be providing some suggestions to help Vanessa with her hubby’s den. The space will mainly be used to chill, watch TV and take the occasional nap. Hmm perhaps I need a room like this? 

 The West Elm daybed was already in the space and the walls are painted Special Edition by Para. Vanessa wanted to keep those elements so I designed a room around them. It’s very rare that you have the opportunity to start completely from scratch. And, if you’re that type of client, then I’m your type of decorator!

 I love using masculine elements in such a way that even the most girly girl would still feel comfy in the space. I don’t think any of us have the luxury of unlimited space and all the spaces we do have, should work for all members of the family, right?


  For me, a lounge space must contain a place to put my feet up.  I love the kilim covered ottoman from Restoration Hardware.  The rich pattern is not only beautiful but practical and hard wearing.  Other elements of pattern in the room are the plaid chairs from Crate and Barrel and the gorgeous striped drapes (currently mulling those over as a contender for my bedroom!)

The black Mira rug from West Elm is overdyed in black and provides a bit of interest but doesn’t interfere too much with the other strong patterns in the room.  The accent pillows are in a Thomas O’Brien fabric (one of Vanessa’s favourite designers!) and are available on Etsy.  The horn and feather accessories are from Snob and add an organic vibe without being too literal.  Plus Vanessa wouldn’t let me throw cowhides all over the space!  The lamp is from Design Within Reach and is designed by Rich, Brilliant Willing (one of the designers is Theo Richardson aka Sarah’s brother!).

I think the room is multi-functional and comfortable.  There is nothing that is too precious and the dark patterns really help disguise some of those dropped game day beers! 

 
Amy, you know me so well! (except for the horns! :) ) I love just about everything you have chosen especially the kilim ottoman. Thanks for putting this together! Stay tuned for a few more renditions of the space from some of your favourite bloggers! In case you missed it, you can read Jen's post here and Lindsey's here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment