Monday, December 5, 2011

I love online shopping for gifts – such a peaceful way to go about holiday shopping, don’t you think?  One of my favourite online retailers is Indigo.  They are the largest bookstore chain in Canada but they carry much more than books. 

You will find items for the home, health, babies and a wonderful toy/game/craft section for kids.  In fact, we almost always give Indigo gift cards as birthday presents because of their range of items.

In the holiday spirit, Indigo kindly gifted me a $50 e-card to use online.  Their site is easy to navigate through using the tabs  and then links within each tab to narrow down your search.  They have created holiday gift guides to make it easy to find that meaningful item for that special person. 

For your design loving friends, this book (one of my online purchases) will make an excellent gift.  The author is Deborah Needleman, former editor of Domino magazine and it is illustrated by Toronto’s Virginia Johnson.  Virginia’s beautiful watercolours were inspired by actual designer rooms.

image

 

image

I also purchased a set of these birthday cards to have on hand as I am really tardy at getting cards in the mail on time.  These will be sure to help me out. 

image

I couldn’t resist these tile page tags – I’m always tagging pages from my favourite magazines.  These would make a great stocking stuffer as well. 

 

image

Indigo has an extensive baby department with items such as this adorable reindeer rattle.

image

I make sure I never walk into an Indigo retail location hungry because I’m sure to leave with something from their “sweets” section.  I have no willpower!  You can find many of the items online like these Salted Caramels which I have tried and they are sinfully delicious.  Wouldn’t they make a great hostess gift?

image

Their home decor section includes lovely accessories like this porcelain candle holder.  They would be great for a table top or mantel display.

Be sure to check out their Sale section where your dollar will go a lot further!

Now the good news is that Indigo is providing one of my readers with an e-card worth $50.  How generous is that? 

To enter the giveaway:

  • become a follower of my blog by clicking the “Join this site with Google Friend Connect” button (on the right hand side bar) and leaving me a comment to let me know.  If you are already a follower, just leave a comment.  Include in your comment what you would purchase from Indigo.
  • for an extra entry tweet this giveaway mentioning @vanessajfrancis
  • Please ensure that if you don’t have a blog (which would have an email address), please include your email address in your comment.

Contest is open to US and Canadian readers only.  Please read their shipping policy.  Contest closes at 9 am EST on December 12th.  Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment