So, here’s a photo of my mantel this year - quite a change from last year’s. I’m bringing more pink and indigo into the house – just love that colour combination.
Photograph by Leah Kirin.
It is very simple and I may add some more greenery on the ledge and some more ornaments. It's tricky when decorating around a tall mirror, it makes everything else look squat. I played around with having the mirror off center and the wreath on the wall above the trees but it didn't feel right. This does but I will probably play around with it a lot more in the next couple of weeks. You know me!
- the mirror is from a hotel liquidator – I just love the Moorish shape. I had all intentions of painting it gold – a more yellow gold than what is currently on it. A friend saw it and said leave it as is but I’m still deciding.
- I hung a square boxwood wreath with a pink satin ribbon on the mirror.
- I bought the pink glitzy trees this year from HomeSense.
- I added some ornaments including one of my favourites – a large glass ball with a silver bird inside from Pottery Barn.
- The birch sticks are from a friend’s (dead) birch tree.
I’m linking up here, here, here, here and here. For new readers, you can enter a great giveaway here.