Friday, January 7, 2011

One of the lovely Christmas gifts I received from Mr. Decor Happy was Farrow and Ball’s latest book Living with Colour.  I just had to share some of the beautiful images with you.

cover

If you love Farrow and Ball paint and wallpaper, this book should be part of your library.  If you have never heard of the UK based company, don’t want to spend money on their paint (it’s a wee bit pricier than other brands) or colour match their paint, you will become a fan.  It shows their products in a wide range of interiors – from modern spaces to cottages to Georgian style homes.  The photography is gorgeous and you can see and learn how light plays an important role in paint colour selection.



F&B4
F&B5

The two previous images are the offices and  staff dining room of an architect’s office in a Georgian home.  Wouldn’t you love to work here?  I love the modern furniture played against all of the beautiful architectural details and mouldings.

F&B1
  F&B3

F&B8

The bathtub is painted Pelt – a deep purple.  Don’t think I have seen a purple bathtub before but I must admit, I love it.

F&B9

F&B6

I must have white painted floors somewhere in my house!

 F&B7

This is one of my fave images from the book.  The styling, the children’s art, the use of colour and the “matchboarding” as they call it in jolly, old England all equal brilliant in my book.

And speaking of Farrow and Ball, they have added nine new colours to their collection.  You can see them on the Style at Home site here.  The stony grey colour on the door below, Dove Tale No. 267 is my favourite.

image

Cllick here to read my previous post on Farrow and Ball and why their products are a cut above the rest.

Have you used Farrow and Ball paint or wallpaper?  What are your thoughts?

If you need decorating or paint advice, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment