Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thought I would share some retail inspiration, links and where I will be this week. 

1) Cobi Ladner, former editor of Canadian House and Home, is introducing a new line of upholstered furniture, accessories, indoor/outdoor upholstery fabric, drapery and cushions. Look for these products in select stores in March. You can get the details here.   Congrats Cobi on your latest venture – judging from the images, I’m sure it will be a success!

image

 

2) The West Elm Spring 11 collection is in stores now.  I’m loving the Scroll headboard which only comes in the fabric shown below in Canada (boo).  If you live in the US, there are more fabric options available including a beautiful linen/cotton paisley in iron/flax.

They have also introduced new bedding including these beautiful hand-blocked quilts and shams (below.)

image

Or maybe the Ellipse Metal Canopy bed is more your style.  This reminds me of Suzanne Dimma’s bed.

image

 

image

3) I was so happy to discover that Michael Penney, Style Editor at House and Home is writing a decorating blog here.  If you haven’t read his blog yet, hurry over and see what you missed – it won’t disappoint.  I will be posting a Q & A with him on Tuesday – so stay tuned!

image

4) IDS week in Toronto is finally here!  It is the place to go to see what’s new and notable in the world of design.  I was invited, with a handful of design bloggers, to attend a preview of the show on Wednesday morning (Jan 26)– so stay tuned for some inspiration and photos of some design celebs!

I’m looking forward to the Sibling Revelry spaces where four design teams, made up of siblings, create four unique spaces.  Sarah Richardson and her brother Theo talk about their space and the experience here.

IDS kicks off with the Gala on Thursday night (Jan 27), Trade Day is on Friday (Jan 28) and it is open to the public on Saturday and Sunday ( Jan 29 and 30.)  I’m looking forward to the pre-Gala dinner with about 40 other design bloggers and magazine peeps as well as the Gala where I will hopefully get to see one of my design faves – Darryl Carter.

The Interior Design Show is a must see for anyone in the design field or anyone interested in design (which means you!) You can read last year’s IDS post here.

5) Oh, and don’t forget to enter the Homesav giveaway here.  Upcoming items from18 karat, Calvin Klein, Danica, Bernards, Douverts and French bull, to name a few.

Sorry, for such a long post – guess I could have written three posts out of this.  See you back here Tuesday with my interview with Michael Penney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment