Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Monday!  Hope you  had a fun weekend.  For those new to reading my li’l ole blog, this is a post I do on Mondays (not every Monday mind you) where I share bits and pieces of project work,  what I’m working on around my own home, places I have been and inspirational links from around the web.

1)  As I have mentioned maybe once or a hundred times, there is nothing like original art to bring life to a room.  Prints of an original are fine too.   Just no mass produced art from retailers – please and thank you. (I realize that sounds a bit snobby but you will thank me, I promise!)

I recently commissioned
Andrada to paint a large painting for my dining room wall and was so thrilled when it was delivered.  I wanted an abstract with shades of blue, grey and a hint of pink.   After a few emails back and forth, this is what she came up with. 

DSC02976-2

Isn’t it pretty?  I love it!  Now I just have to change the paint colour on the walls and change the drapes!  The snowball effect when you bring something new in.    The current wall colour is Benjamin Moore Bleeker Beige – a wonderful neutral which doesn’t read as a boring yellow beige – but it’s been six years so time for a change.  The drapes will have some navy/indigo on a white ground and I will be bringing in some pink.  Pink and navy is a colour combination that I adore!

DSC02978

I also purchased this print for my daughter’s room from
Cozamia, a site by local artist Nancy Ramirez .  My daughter loved it when I showed it to her online.  The print is partly derived from an original water color and acrylic painting on canvas then further developed digitally.   I just need a new mat to work in this Ikea frame.

I also love this print entitled Marilyn Monroses that would also look great in a girl’s room.

image

2)  I’m loving these
new fabrics introduced by designer and blogger Caitlin Wilson

 
Caitlinwilson

image

Caitlinwilson2

Aren’t they bright, fresh and happy?  Love the floral headboard!

3) There are only 48 days until Christmas!  So now’s the time to start thinking about decorating your home for the holidays and what to get those special people in your life.  
Emily Henderson and some of her blogger friends have created a Holiday Guide filled with ideas and inspiration to make life a little easier.

holidayguide

It has active links which takes you directly to the site where you can browse and/or purchase – love this feature about online mags . I discovered some new artists and companies and saw an objet or two that I would love myself.

Have a wonderful week!


If you need decorating help, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis(dot).com.  Would love to work with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment