Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Monday!

1) First up, the winner of the One of a Kind Christmas Show tickets is:

    Kryst from Life.Vision.Style

Congrats Kryst!  Please forward your full name to me so that I can let the folks at the OOAK show know.  You can pick up your tickets at the box office.

2) I’m loving the recent issue of Sweet Paul.  The photography, crafts and recipes are stellar.  I love this sweet wreath made from wooden beads and I have been craving potatoes and chocolate after reading the current issue. 

sweetpaulFall11

Oh, and in case you missed it, I posted a round up of online mags here.  Although the covers are from past issues, you can click on the image to be taken to their latest issue.

3)  Art Interiors is having their annual Festival of Smalls, on until December 24.   It’s a great way to start an art collection as the pieces are “small” and therefore more affordable.   You can see all of the art here but check back often as it is constantly updated.

smalls1

4)  Kravet publishes a magazine filled with inspiration and images of their fabric and furniture.  The Fall issue has interesting articles including ones on the history of toile and lace.  You can read it here.

kravetinspirednews

5) I find vintage photos fascinating and am always drawn to them at antique fairs. I love studying the faces, the clothes, the setting (tell me you all do that!)  It’s no wonder I was mesmerized by these Dutch beach photos from the 1920’s – 1930’s.  (via A Cup of Jo.)

image

And speaking of vintage photos, I was at a client’s home recently and they had a treasure trove of vintage pieces hidden away in their basement office.  We found a few items to style her bedroom which will be photographed soon. One of these items was a class photo from the 50’s of my client’s husband with Anthony Hopkins – so cool.

6) Yes, it has been all over blog land for the past few weeks but in case you hadn’t heard, Jenna Lyon’s New York home that graced the pages of many  blogs and magazines is up for sale.   You can read Nancy’s post here.

image


I hope you have an exceptional week!

If you are in need of some decorating help including zhushing up your home for the holidays, please contact me at decorhappy(at)gmail(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment