Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Monday!  Just thought I would share some photos from our trip to Disney World in Orlando.  We went with my sister and her family and had a ball.  I highly recommend going with extended family especially if your child is an only child.  Both my husband and I aren’t huge ride-goers so M and her two cousins did the rides together and had so much fun just being together for a week. The three musketeers!

Picnik collage1 

The highlight for M was meeting Rachel Crow from the recent US X factor.  We loved watching that show so to meet one of our favourites was a treat!  That’s her on the right in the center photo above with M (I don’t think I have shown M’s photo on the blog before trying to keep it all professional and all – design related.  But thought I would shake things up in 2012! Isn’t she a doll? Nine years old and almost as tall as me!)  She also loved meeting Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog. (And I had my photo snapped with Winnie – he’s always been my favourite!)

The staff at the park and our hotel were top-notch.  I think a lot of businesses can learn from the Disney model.  I was waiting on a bench reading the park map to see what we would do next and the most friendliest and knowledgeable staff member came over and gave me all kinds of tips and things to do that weren’t even indicated on the map.  Now that’s customer service!  He told me that in training that is one of the key skills learned – if you see someone reading a map, go over and offer advice.  Love that!

And just so this post isn’t all personal and not design related, don’t you think the colour and pattern of this pancake tortoise (at Animal Kingdom) would make a pretty fabric, tile or area rug?  I couldn’t stop staring at the teal, circular pattern (and I don’t even like reptiles.)

DSC03212 

Inspiration is everywhere!  And it reminds me of this area rug that I have been eyeing at Pottery Barn for my living room.  It also reminds me of a tile I have seen.

PBrug

See, there was a decor connection!

Have you been to Disney or are planning a trip?  Been inspired by something out of the ordinary recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment