Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hi everyone!  Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Sorry about my cryptic message in my last post which I have since deleted.  I was on vacation at Disney World and had scheduled two posts to publish while away.  For some reason, they didn’t publish.  Anyway, I won’t bore you with the details but do need to figure out how to blog on an Ipad using Blogger.

I just wanted to point you to my latest Ideabook for Houzz which is on product picks to help keep kids organized.

Mayasbookcasecropped-small


I have posted my daughter’s bookcase here but wanted to share sources for some of the storage solutuions and art.  I painted the back of the bookcase Martha Stewart Terra Rose - a deep coral colour.  Painting it just adds an extra detail and provides a backdrop to showcase the items.
  • I placed linen fabric (over batting) and stapled it to the back of an inexpensive bulletin board.  Hot pink velvet ribbon (from Invu which is no longer in business – so sad!) adds colour and detail.
  • The donut “print” is a tea towel from Avril Loretti in an Ikea frame. When my daughter spied it at the One of  a Kind Show, her mouth dropped and I knew it would be perfect for her room. 
  • I purchased the Woodstock poster from well, Woodstock when I was there last summer.
  • The jewellery holder is from HomeSense.
  • Top shelf:  The gold jewellery box is from West Elm and the white one was a gift (think it was from The Bay.)  The shoe painting (original) is by Andrea Stajan-Ferkul.  The lovely pink Impressionism books were on clearance at Indigo. They always have the prettiest art books on clearance. The milk glass container was a thrift store find and the white vase is from Ikea.
  • Second shelf:  The indigo containers and white plant pot are from Ikea.  The white sweater vase is from Crate and Barrel.
  • Third shelf:   The scalloped bowl is a thrift store find.  The plate was my husband’s grandmother’s.  The black and white ink drawing was done by my daughter at art camp and the red magazine holders are from Ikea but they are no longer available as I tried to purchase more.  The painting of the yellow flowers was done by a dear family friend.
  • Bottom shelf:  The baskets and hat boxes are from Ikea.
Read my article to discover more storage and styling items for young and old alike!

I’ll be back with some photos of our trip!  Happy weekend!  I'm linking up here.
 
                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment