Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your long weekend (well it’s a long weekend here in Ontario and a few other provinces and in the US as well!)

Here’s what’s inspiring me at the moment – absence of colour and bold colour. Do you find that you are drawn to both?  Spaces with minimal colour are quiet and pretty but I think I would have to liven it up with vibrant fabric or wallpaper.

1) The shades of cream and white in this NYC apartment decorated by Stephen Sills really speak to me.  This photo graced the cover of the January Architectural Digest.  You can read the story and see photos here.

image

I also love the frilly hem on the sofa, the slipcovered chairs and the iron bookshelf. (You may or may not be seeing iterations of this on the old blog soon {wink}.)

2) I’m also drawn to these beautiful wallpapers by Designers Guild

imagedesignersguildeamrapali

image 

I saw these in person last week and the colours are so vibrant, especially the second one called Amrapali. My excitement soon turned to disappointment when I found out the price – a wee bit out of my budget.  If you love it too, I can so hook you up! Just think of what these papers could do to your space!

What are you drawn to lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment