Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello there! Welcome to Part V of my organizing series where I have asked some of my favourite blogger’s to share their best tip.  Today we are talking about organization in the bathroom. I have to admit, this is my downfall – there are always at least 20 lotions, potions and makeup containers on the counter at any given time.  And I know I drive my hubby crazy (although he never says anything because he’s just that kind of guy.) Maybe these tips today will get me all sorted out!

 

1)  Nancy from Marcus Design:

I get so excited to organize in the New Year! Ok - first confession - I am still working on the organization of all my morning toiletries. I've purchased a python tray which should arrive in the mail any day, and I'll be placing it on my bathroom counter to keep everything I need right at hand. I'm going to use cups  to hold various brushes and a bowl to hold bobbles and jewels. This way makeup brushes, perfumes, hair products, and my jewellery that I grab on a daily basis can be effortlessly organized together, laid out in front of me, and look pretty at the same time! Who knows, maybe being so organized will even shave off a couple of minutes from my morning routine!


image




image


Here are my inspiration images I'm working towards:

 
image
 source  

2) Staci from Inspired Life:

Hello Décor Happy readers, I’m thrilled to be here with you today {Thanks Vanessa}!  I’m here to share my 3 tricks for keeping bathroom cupboards organized and looking great.

image


image


1. Use the height of the cupboard by inserting shelves, and door space by using hooks. By doing this you can end up with three times the amount of storage space, which is always a good thing.

2. Use baskets to group like items and hide the clutter. I personally hate opening a cupboard and seeing a sea of clutter, so using baskets keeps it pretty and organized looking.

3. Create labels for the baskets. Doing this will allow you to access what you’re looking for a lot faster, and if you make cute labels like I did, it adds a nice decorative element in an unexpected space.

And there you have it – Organizing bathroom cupboards can be as easy as 1-2-3! I hope you found this a little bit helpful. Thanks again to Vanessa for having me participate, it’s been fun!

                                                                Staci xo

3)  Michael from Michael Penney Style:

If you're faced with an old bathroom lacking in storage, embrace the 'unfitted' look and add a quirky little cabinet like I did.  My vintage pedestal sink didn't leave me with any under cabinet storage and I still needed somewhere to stash all of the toiletries.  Sara and I found this little cabinet in an antique shop in Maine and loved the original green paint and it's history and patina.  It holds so much and looks great too.  Get even more practical storage on top by styling with a pretty woven tray and some glass canisters.  A loosey-goosey art arrangement of mix 'n match frames continues the unfitted casual style.

michaelbathroom
      Photo credit:  Donna Griffith, originally in House & Home Magazine.

4) Speaking of bathroom storage, I spotted this on Pinterest the other day. Just had to include it here as it’s so pretty.

image

Thanks to all the fab bloggers participating today and sharing their bathroom organizing secrets with us!
Have a magical week everyone! See you back here Thursday with the final part of the organizing posts.  Hope you have been enjoying them!  You can catch up on reading them here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment