Tuesday, November 30, 2010

mantel1


mantel2
 

mantel3

Rustic, organic, gold
I wanted to do something a little different on the mantel this Christmas.  I usually have lots of shiny Christmas balls and glitz in glass jars.  When I saw the burlap for $1.49 at my local nursery, I knew I had to include it and thus my mantel theme was born – rustic and organic.

The cedar boughs and red huck (in the pitcher) are also from here. You can buy fake cedar but there’s nothing like the real thing.  I have had the 3 pillar candle holders from Pottery Barn for a few years and will add my bronze stocking holders which spell JOY about a week before Christmas.

I bought the three ceramic bowls from Dottie Potts at the Toronto One of a Kind Spring show.  I just love them and am glad they are on display where I can see them.

I will probably change it about a dozen times before Christmas as that’s just what I do!  Do you remember that I had painted the mirror a blue/green.  Well, I didn’t like it and changed it to a glossy black – much better.  I will probably add more gold accents like those cute little birds and I know I have some gold balls somewhere in the basement from years ago.

What do you think?  I’m linking up to Layla’s Mantel Party, Julia’s Hooked on Holiday House Tours and Between Naps on the Porch.  Head on over for some holiday inspiration. Happy Holiday decorating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment