Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ally of From the Right Bank has another “What’s Your Style in One Picture?” challenge.   As the other participants have lamented, this was so difficult to do.  There were a lot of images in my files that really spoke to me but didn’t feel as authentic as this one.

I was smitten with this image when House of Turquoise posted  photos from designer Liz William’s portfolio.  It’s from a beach condo on Amelia Island in Florida and was featured in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles.

This image wasn’t in the magazine article and I didn’t have any details such as whether the pieces were antique or reproduction.  Liz kindly and quickly (within a few minutes!)  responded to my emails asking for some details.

I love that this space within a master bedroom doesn’t look contrived.  The home is near the beach but it doesn’t scream “beachy”  and an antique French settee is unexpected.

lizwilliamsameliaisland

Why do I love this room?  Let me count the ways:

  • has just enough colour
  • mix of antique pieces with current  fabrics
  • antique carved French settee with one bench cushion, recovered in a beautiful blue Calvin Klein fabric
  • ottoman in a graphic Duralee fabric
  • books as accessories
  • vintage wire basket
  • antique lamp (unique and quirky)
  • antique painted side table
  • serene,  pale white-grey wall colour (BM OC-25)
  • original painting
  • beautiful, custom pillows (love how the blue in the pom-pom ties in with the painting)

Thank you Liz for answering all of my questions (while on vacation!) about this beautiful space.  Thanks to Ally for hosting the challenge.  Join in the fun here!

If you need help figuring out what your style is, please email me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment