Saturday, June 19, 2010

These clients contacted me to determine the best floor plan for their family room and to furnish and accessorize.   In Canada, we typically have what we call a family room which is a more informal space than the living room and is usually where TV viewing takes place.  As you can see from the Before photo, their hand-me-down furniture wasn’t quite living up to what else was happening in the room.

J&Abefore1

After drawing various floor plan options, we decided to keep the sofas floating in the middle of the room.  This is necessary because conversation would be difficult if the sofas were placed further apart, as the room is 18’ across.  Floor plans drawn to scale allow clients to see the various options and it becomes apparent which one is the most functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.

J&Afamilyroom

Unfortunately I only have this one After photo to share.   Again, I have used Lee for the sofas and leather ottoman.  I can’t say enough about this company.  Their quality, styles and commitment to the environment are exceptional.   The fabric on the sofas is a child-friendly chenille.  It won’t show every little Cheezie fingerprint!  Lee also did the gorgeous cushions – I especially love the crewel ones. 

The accessories and cushions are from my favourite retailers:   Pottery Barn (floral cushions), Crate and Barrel (tray), West Elm (throw) and Homesense (vase, bowls, pottery on shelves.) 

The homeowners love putting their feet up and spending family time together in this comfortable room.

I am linking up with Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

metamonday

If you need help with laying out a room and deciding on furniture placement, please email me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment