Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One of the easiest places to change your decor for the seasons is the mantel (or console/shelf/ledge if you don’t have a mantel.) As you know, I change mine ALL the time!

spring2012A

I commissioned a painting from Andrada awhile back and recently moved it over the fireplace. It’s quite large at 40” x 40” but I requested that size as I knew it would work over the fireplace or over a console - versatile. It was in my dining room but I decided to try it leaning over the fireplace and well, it looks perfect there. I really don’t need anything else as it takes up most of the mantel. Sometimes, less is more. It has all my favourite colours – every shade of blue, pink and grey.  (I know you’re thinking “enough with the blue/blue-green already!”)

I also recently picked up this garden stool from HomeSense. I had been looking for a reasonably priced one for awhile and now with Spring here, HomeSense is just beginning to bring them in. They have them in coral and green as well. Ceramic garden stools have been around for decades but still look current – not a trend for sure.

Or you may spy one when you are out thrifting and with a can of spray paint completely transform it like this blogger did. (The After is the one on the right. :) )

image

I plan on changing the paint colour in this room (it’s currently Benjamin Moore’s Standish White – a happy, pale yellow) which I loved six years ago.  I would love to change the tile to something with old world charm similar to the one used in this kitchen featured in February’s House and Home. I think the tiles are too large though as there is only a few inches of tile required. Stay tuned!

image 

Have you started decorating for Spring yet?

(I’m linking up here. )

0 comments:

Post a Comment