Monday, March 12, 2012

If you are on March/Spring break, hope you are having fun!

As you know, my short (if you blink you could miss it) segment airs today on the Steven and Chris show at 2:00 EST on CBC. It also airs at various other times during the day and in all parts of the world!  Read my previous posts here  for some behind the scenes and background!
 
Thanks again to all the staff at Steven and Chris. Later on today, there will be an article on their site that I wrote on gallery walls. I have included two photos here that appear in the article and will update this post with the link once it’s up.

I want to give some love to all of the suppliers, trades and artists that came through for me within a 2 week timeframe to make my home presentable for national/worldwide television.

Living Room 11397

*trades/suppliers:

- my new blog sponsor, the Floor Shop who provided hardwood for my daughter’s bedroom.  Stay tuned for a post from this company – just love them!

- my amazing upholsterer (who sewed slipcovers for my sofa and chairs), sewing room (who sewed drapes for my living/dining room and ribbon onto my daughter’s drapery panels),  contractor (who built the long desk in my daughter’s sewing/craft room and other odds and ends), my wallpaper hanger (who was meticulous) – please contact me through Vanessa Francis Design if you need design help with any of this!

- Lia who updated my chandelier shades by changing the fabric to a linen I purchased and adding navy trim.

- Chanee who created the graphic indigo pillow on the sofa just for me (the circle pillow is from her Fall line.)

*retailers:

- huge thanks to West Elm and specifically Neil (asst. store manager) for having items in stock that I could purchase. I ended up buying a couple of their jute rugs, a striped handmade ottoman (see below) and some other items.  I have never met anyone in the retail sector that bends over backwards like Neil does.  He even let me stay in my car (just outside their shipping door) while he ran in to ring everything through. Crazy!  If you haven’t visited the store, you are missing out! And if you see Neil, give him a hug – he likes hugs!

Spare Room 11518

Thanks to Kelly at K West Images for taking some photos after the shoot. Love how they turned out. There are a few more that I will share with you later!

* art: 
- I purchased new art for both art walls from local artists Robin and Jody
- and last but not least a big shout out to Posterjack who turned a photograph that my daughter took while we were on a hike into an oversized piece of art.  When she saw it, she said “is that my photo?”  I loved her reaction and love this company! 

I haven’t had a giveaway in ages, so…
image

Posterjack has kindly offered a Decor Happy reader an 8x12 canvas print of one of their photos (value: $44.99).  This giveaway is open to Canadian residents only.  To win:

* follow Decor Happy by clicking on the “Join this Site” (with Google Friend Connect) button on the right sidebar and leave a comment.  If you are already a follower, just leave a comment. (If you don’t have a blog with your email, leave your email in the comment!)

* for an extra entry (leave a separate comment):
- tweet the giveaway mentioning @vanessajfrancis and @posterjackdotca

I will draw the winner on Monday, March 19th.  Good luck!

If you are new here, welcome!  Thanks for stopping by. The blog received some recent tweaking from the fabulous Brittany. If you are looking at designing or redesigning your blog, contact her. She was a doll to work with!

If you require design or decorating services, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment