Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I don’t know about you, but I love Thanksgiving.  I think it’s my favourite holiday.  Maybe it’s because you can spend time with family over a delicious meal and just say “thanks.”  No harried gift buying involved. (For my non-Canadian readers, our Thanksgiving is this coming weekend.)

For years, my sisters and I (plus our families) would do a Thanksgiving day hike near where my Mom lives but for some reason (maybe weather?), we stopped doing this the last couple of years.  Well, the weather is supposed to be a balmy 23° C (that’s around 73° F) for the Thanksgiving weekend, so no excuses.   We all bring a dish so that Mom can go on the hike too and the meal preparation doesn’t mean she’s in the kitchen all day.

Here are a few of my favourite Thanksgiving decor products and recipes courtesy of my friends at Style at Home.

image

If gathering twigs and berries from the forest isn’t your cuppa, then this faux arrangement will do the trick. Looks just like the real thing.

 

image

These glass enamel pear napkin rings are adorable.

 

image

You can’t go wrong when serving food on simple, white dishes like these.

 

image

These gold glazed fig-shaped porcelain vases would add some glam to your tabletop.

 

image

I am bringing an apple pie for Thanksgiving dinner and how cute would it look served in this ruffled pie plate.  Maybe this year I’ll even try something all fancy like this criss-cross pie crust top.

 

image

As the weather turns colder, I love making soups and this butternut squash soup with pecans, apples and goat cheese sounds and looks delicious. 

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

If you need any decorating help, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment