Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Over the summer, I worked with some lovely clients to renovate their bathroom.  I had blogged about it here.  This is what it looked like before:

image

This is the design I came up with and the clients loved. Subway tiles, marble hexagon floor tiles and chrome fixtures – classic and timeless. 

image

We veered from the design plan above slightly, e.g. the Ikea vanity didn’t work and to ship the wood mirror to Canada would have been costly.

And here’s how it looks now but it hasn’t been styled pretty and professionally photographed yet.  Hence, it’s the “Almost After.”  They are placing black and white photographs over the toilet.   The shower curtain is the West Elm one above and needs to be hung with a new chrome rod.   Other than that, it’s a wrap!

bathroom1-1

The wall sconces from Restoration Hardware were a splurge but my clients really loved them, so they were a must.  The wall colour is Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray – one of my “go to” colours (although it has a purple hue in the photos, it really is a lovely gray.)

This is a close up of the marble hexagon floor tile:

 


bathroom2

I custom designed the vanity so that it would be the perfect width and depth for the space.  The airy design makes the small space feel larger.  The counter is Caesarstone's Pure White quartz and the baskets are also from West Elm.

I must say I love this bathroom and if I were to redo my own ensuite, this is exactly what I would do!  Once I get professional photos done, I will share.  I’m sure it will look way more prettier than my photos! 


I’m linking up here and here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment