Friday, April 29, 2011

I don’t usually write non-decor posts here at Decor Happy but in honour of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this morning, I’m joining Danielle’s wedding blog crawl.  Go here to see who else is participating and read their posts.

image

I married my sweet guy 13 years ago this May at an intimate wedding at McLean House in Toronto.  Although I wouldn’t change a thing about our day, I thought it would be fun to create a wedding based on what I’m loving today.  Before we start though, here are a few photos of us on our wedding day. 

Picnik collage

If I was planning my wedding today, I would do things a little differently as tastes change over the years.   I would send out invitations like these fun and informal ones from Etsy seller Pinkroses1220.  Mine were a bit on the formal side.  I would probably add a touch of pink in the lettering as the colour scheme I’m loving lately is blush pink and deep blue/French blue.

image

This dress from Monique Lhuillier is just gorgeous and has a similar cut to the one I wore but has the added lace detail – simply beautiful. 

dressmoniquelhuillier 

 

And I would carry this pretty bouquet with the adorable striped ribbon:

image

Martha Stewart Weddings

Bridesmaids would wear these pretty dresses from Amsale in blush pink and French blue, in slightly different styles.

image

 

image 

The men w0uld wear a tie or bowtie like one of these:

 

image

Martha Stewart Weddings

Our wedding ceremony was outdoors but we dined inside.  I like the casual vibe of this outdoor wedding via Style me Pretty and there is nothing quite like dining outdoors at night.

image

 

I would do something a trifle more dramatic with the centerpieces – perhaps a smaller version of these?

image 

Martha Stewart Weddings

And I would love to have fun photos likes these taken by Toby Hoogs rather than the conservative shots our photographer took.

tobyhoogsphotog

Would you change anything about your wedding if you were getting married today?

Congrats Will and Kate! May you have many happy years together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment