Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ok, so I hooked you in with the title and I will get to that in a minute.  But first, just a quick recap of yesterday’s taping of the Steven and Chris show that I was invited to along with other bloggers – not just design bloggers, but fashion, makeup, lifestyle and mommy bloggers too.  The show will air this Friday, October 22nd and it is also airing in the US as well.

I didn’t even tell my friends or family I was going because they must think I am a talk show groupie, what with flying down to NYC for the Nate Show and all.  Plus I had also been in the Steven and Chris audience with some girlfriends the first week of taping this season because I simply adore them.  Being at a show taping is a lot of fun, but as I said in my Nate post, the added bonus is being in the company of other bloggers.

DSC01159


Waiting to get to our seats with my NYC girls, Kerry, Sarah and Christine.  I also met some other fab bloggers including Jennifer and Shannon.  There were quite a few design bloggers I wanted to meet but it was really hard to tell who was who.  Next time.

S&C7

Guests on the show included chef Rodney Bowers and none other than actress Jenny McCarthy who was promoting her new book Love, Lust and Faking it.  Even her mother couldn’t read through the book so you can imagine some of the topics!

After the show taping, there was a yummy lunch for us and we ALL got a chance to have our photos taken with the boys.  I can’t say enough about how well we were treated while there.

A  Q&A followed and Steven and Chris talked about their inspiration, brand, fashion and being true to yourself.  They always have and that’s why they are as successful as they are today.  They were candid, charming, authentic (Chris got misty eyed when talking about their relationship) and funny.

DSC01168


So how far back do Steven, Chris and I go?  In the late 1990’s when I was working as a manager in Human Resources and had the money but no time to decorate my first home, I decided to call in my design crush…Steven Sabados.  He was a regular on Cityline at the time and I just loved his personality and style, not to mention he was so darn cute.  Chris came along to the design consult as well providing design advice and comic relief - he is so darn funny! I remember thinking that these guys should have their own show - talent, charm and humour all in one package.  This was way before The Designer Guys and their other shows.

I was able to find the notes from our decorating consult (4 moves later.)  They provided help with paint colours and a sketch for a built-in in the kitchen which I did end up having installed.  That’s Steven’s business card as well.

S&C5


I think that’s it for attending show tapings for awhile – need to get some work done so that maybe, someday, I can be a guest on a show rather than an audience member!  A girl can dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment