Monday, October 18, 2010

In the past, I have written a round-up post or two about decorating inspiration I found around the web.  It could be a product, a post, or simply an image - something that captured my attention and made me pause.  It could also be news that I would like to share with you.

I’m sure we all know how time can fly while clicking through one beautiful blog/site to another.  There is so much inspiration out there.   In fact, rather than writing my own posts, I’m spending way too much time reading other blogs!  (I need help:)  I’m calling these posts Monday Meanderings – meaning to wander, weave, zigzag, well you get the picture.  It won’t be every Monday (that would be too much pressure and blogging should be fun) but every now and then.  So here we go!

1)  In case some of my readers haven’t heard (maybe there is one or two of you?), Lonny’s latest issue hit the web and it was brilliant.   My favourite image from the issue?  The fun and colourful girls’ playroom in Palmer Weiss’ relaxed West Coast home.  The mostly unframed artwork hung randomly (on grasscloth to disguise thumb tack holes) is so simple yet adds so much personality.  To me, that’s what the homes in this issue had – personality and charm and they weren’t so decorated.

You can also see the rooms featured in all of the Lonny issues here and read their blog here.

palmerweiss4

2)  Speaking of ezines, the Scandinavian Fryd released its second issue filled with pretty images.  The stylish self-published creator/writer/photographer, Jeannette Lunde blogs here.

fryd

The new kid on the block is Adore from Australia, an online home and lifestyle magazine founded by designer Loni Parker.  So fun to read a Spring issue when it is Fall here in North America.

adorespring10

3)  Margot Austin, Senior Design Editor at Style at Home magazine, writes here and also now blogs at the magazine.  Her recent post on Demystifying Magazine Styling is a wonderful lesson on ways to update your home.   The Before photos are from a scouting shoot of a gorgeous home designed by Sasha Josipovicz and featured in their November 2010 issue.  Rearranging accessories, adding unexpected colour hits, larger, more impactful art and flowers elevates this home’s features.  You can take these examples and apply them to your own home.

stylingMargot

4)  Sarah at Quintessentially B did an informative  Q and A with New York designer Sara Gilbane.  I love reading about how other designers work and what inspires them. 
She recently updated her portfolio of work which is timeless, classic, creative and colourful.  I have been enjoying the posts on Autumn colours with paint colours and fabric samples over at Sara’s blog

sarahgilbane3
sarahgilbane4
  sarahgilbane1
sarahgilbane5

5)  Nancy at Marcus Design gave us a glimpse into IDS West including some tips from Sarah Richardson and an update on her two new shows airing soon.  She even had her photo taken with her (that’s Sarah’s sidekick Tommy in the background!)

nancyandsarah

6)  I’m loving the new timeless and elegant furniture pieces from Schumacher.

schumachersofa

7)  Did you see the bedroom reveal over at Rambling Renovators?  Love how they made the wall flush (see the Before) and did a simple but impactful panelling treatment.  They are crazy talented!

ramblingrenovators

8)  I received the Matt Leblanc painting I purchased to support his Art for Life campaign with proceeds going to cancer research.  It looks a bit lonely on this wall so I purchased some prints from two of my favourite artist bloggers.  With some existing art and photos,  I am working on a salon style art wall over the sofa in my living room and can’t wait to share it with you.

DSC01155

9)  Although I tweeted, I neglected to mention that the ladies from Rue magazine chose a client project of mine as a finalist in Design Refuge’s October Challenge.  So honoured to have been chosen!

10)  I’m starting a new feature on the blog called “Work in Progress Wednesdays” featuring a look at a project in progress by a designer/design blogger.  If you are interested in being featured, email me.  Stay tuned.

Have a wonderful week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment