Saturday, October 2, 2010

In honour of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought I would post about my favourite colour again.  (Also note that I changed by background to pink just for fun and support for the month of October.)

Every year, Mrs. Blandings and a group of bloggers  post about pink to raise awareness so that women remember to do self-exams or get screened and support is given to efforts to help eradicate this horrible disease.   The annual CIBC Run for the Cure is taking place tomorrow (October 3) in 60 communities across Canada.  You can make a general donation here.

In Canada, an estimated 23,200 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,300 will die of the disease in 2010. (Article here.)

*********************************************************

I recently wrote a post on using pink paint in the bathroom – a lovely, flattering colour choice.  I have been seeing living spaces decorated with pink (either paint or fabric) and I must say I love how it can bring a breath of fresh air to a space. 

The first three lovely images are from the 2010 Atlanta Decorators’ Show House.  I love the white, taupe and pink colour palette that designer Melanie Turner used in the sunroom.  Those drapes are stunning!  It’s not too often that you see pink drapes in a room, other than a bedroom or girl’s room.

atlantahomes 

atlantashowhome 

atlantashowhome2010

  5322863

Jonathan Berger via House Beautiful.

 

countrylivingviaadaanddarcy

 Country Living via Ada and Darcy.

 

houseandgardenviaarchitectdesign 

House and Garden via Architect Design.

 

msguesthouse 

Martha Stewart

 msparlour

Martha Stewart

This livingroom with its pink linen walls and handsome, tufted ottoman was featured in Elle Decor.

pinklinenwallsED

 

Simonuptonviabrabournefarm

via Brabourne Farm

This photo graced the cover of House Beautiful a few months back.  I thought pink was an interesting colour choice in this rustic meets pretty room.

viagingerekkatumblr2

This living room photographed by Tria Giovan has been a favourite for awhile.  Those simple pink cushions on the slip-covered sofa are striking when contrasted with the chandelier, mirrors and gold.

triagovanviadesignties

I must add some pink to my living room somehow.  Could you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment