Monday, October 4, 2010

Have you seen the new Martha Stewart Living paint colours available at Home Depot?  280 beautiful colours including some of Martha’s favourites.  The complete colour palette (below) arranges all the colours as if they were on a colour wheel – so easy to find that perfect shade.

MSdeck
You can get a tester of any of the colours for $4.99.

MSpaint
I bought this colour and painted the mirror in my family room.  The colour is similar to the colour in the fabric on one of my chairs.

MSarrowroot

Before:

vanslr1

After:

froom1

 fplace

fplace3

The great thing is it only cost $5 (actually $2.50 because I used half the pot!)   If I tire of the colour and want to paint it a creamy white (which was my first preference), I can.  I may also do another coat of the Arrowroot to darken it.  I realized this would have been a great “How to lighten up for Spring” post rather than posting it in the Fall when everything is earth tones! 

What do you think?  Have you done any inexpensive DIYS  around your house to freshen it up or for a change?

I’m sharing this at Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and Funky Junk Interiors.  Head on over to see some other DIY makeovers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment