Monday, March 18, 2013

Well hello stranger! (how often do I start my posts with that? need to be more original!) Hope you had a fab March break – it went by so quickly!

Just wanted to share a few other areas of my home that were organized because I was tired of searching for things and not knowing what I have. It’s amazing how a little organization puts a spring in your step!

Vanessa Francis design

I used to work for a closet company (the one with the very cool ads!) and before I left, I had a few closets in my home “organized.” It is an investment for sure, but worth every penny.  Usually closets come with a single rod with one shelf above. Not very functional at all. This is half of my front hall closet – the other side has a double rod for shorter jackets/coats. The center section has a single rod for longer coats.

But what I added recently to keep the three of us organized was individual baskets for each of us. Not sure why I didn’t think of that before!  (I’m #2 with the Anthro hat that I have never worn but it looks nice on the shelf!) When I found these wire baskets from HomeSense, I knew they would be perfect.  You can see everything at a glance and the yellow colour is fun.

Vanessa Francis Design

If you had seen this make-up drawer before, you wouldn’t have believed it! I am the queen of “bonuses” – you know when you spend $x at a makeup counter in a department store, you get a whack of free goodies. I must have had at least 50 tubes/lipsticks/makeup that I never even opened.  I have enough face creams to last a few years!

Acrylic containers (from Solutions) come in all shapes and sizes and are perfect for housing makeup as they are easy to clean. Notice the Cole & Son wallpaper as a drawer liner? Makes me smile every morning!

Vanessa Francis Design

These under cabinet drawers/shelves are a must for keeping this area tidy and accessible. I had them installed via the builder and I am so glad I did. I recently added the cloth containers (from Ikea) and this has drastically reduced the amount of time I take to get ready in the am.  For real!

Vanessa Francis Design

I’m not much of a jewellery/bauble kind of girl but I do love bracelets. I store them in pretty bowls (blue ones from the One of a Kind Show and gold/bronze one from West Elm) and a pretty plate.  The tray (from HomeSense) looks like an antique but isn’t. I had searched I don’t know how many thrift/vintage shops looking for something similar with no luck.  The mirror is from a hotel liquidation store and check out my beautiful grey dresser from Geovin. I will share once the entire room is done. (Not sure when that will be, hopefully this year!)

So, all it takes is a little creativity and shopping when organizing those trouble spots in your home.

What tips do you have to keep organized? I’m all ears!

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment