Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday!

I have been absent thanks to a hard drive malfunction which had me without a PC for a few days.

Last year, I worked on this dining room for one of my favourite clients.  I worked on a few rooms in their home including their bedroom.

Vanessa Francis Design Photos: Leah Kirin

This is how it looked before:

Before

And this is how it looked when the woven wood shades (which we did throughout the first floor) were installed. They were using the room as an office when I suggested that we make it into a breakfast/dining room.  The room has a wonderful view with open space and then the Escarpment. They can still use the table as a desk but this way they and their dinner guests can enjoy the view as well.

before

Vanessa Francis Design

The table and chairs are from one of my favourite suppliers, Geovin. I just love the base on this table and the simplicity of these chairs – always a classic.  I have used the floral linen fabric from Tonic Living on a few projects because it is so darn pretty.

Vanessa Francis Design Hey sweet Bella, how did you get into this shot?

I had suggested another lantern fixture (just love them over dining tables) but my clients wanted this one which they had seen in this dining room. Who am I to argue?

We chose to not have an area rug in the room because of the room’s shape. A rectangular rug would not have worked and I’m not a fan of round rugs. Plus, it’s much easier for cleaning.

(PS We had to take the photos from this tight angle between the kitchen cabinetry as the other angle is a lovely view of their neighbour’s brick as you can see in the Before photos.)

Vanessa Francis Design

 

Vanessa Francis Design

 Vanessa Francis Design

I think Bella approves of the room. What do you think?

Enjoy the rest of the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment