Monday, January 28, 2013

Last week, the Toronto Interior Design Show was on. Thursday night was the opening night party and what a party it was! You have an opportunity to see the exhibits while catching up with friends:


Hamming it up at the Farrow & Ball photobooth with my Blogfest 2012 friends.  Aren’t they gorgeous and in shape?

IDSSarahetc

You may recognize this trio as talented DIYers who appear on CityLine regularly. So talented and fun!

On Friday, the awesome ladies at Beige is Dead/Masco invited a few of us bloggers/designers on an InstaWalk.  We were to instagram images of products that caught our attention. It was quite challenging to look/ask questions/instagram and walk at the same time!  But I was up for the challenge and  it was a lot of fun! Here are a few of my Instagram snaps:

IDSCocoon

My favourite vignette/booth at the show was this one from Cocoon Furnishings. It is showcasing the Suzanne Kasler line for Hickory Chair. I’m dying to use this furniture in a room, so call me OK?

IDSYaphe

Don’t you think this Oliver Yaphe grey and pink graphic flat weave area rug would look perfect in my daughter’s room? So in love with their area rugs.

IDSIkea3

Ikea always has eye-catching rooms/vignettes. Take this vintage copper tub in front of a fire for example (not available at Ikea but the accessories are!)

IDSIkea3

The tub co-ordinates with the copper backsplash tiles. I was loving the round mirror which I think I have seen in-store before. In tweeting with Ikea today, I found out it’s a new product – maybe because the magnifying mirror is attached. Need to find out more.
 IDSIkea2

Hanging 85 HEKTAR pendants (according to the Ikea twitter feed but it doesn’t look like that many) in the Ikea kitchen booth makes quite a statement.


IDSHansgrohe

Since I have bathrooms on the brain, I loved looking at the faucet collections including the Axor by Hansgrohe.

IDSEclecticRevival

Every space can use a little vintage lighting like these from Eclectic Revival.
   IDSTheFeltStore
These felt clocks in a rainbow of colours from The Felt Store were very affordable.

IDSTonyKoukossahetc
Love this large photograph by Tony Koukos. His work can be printed as wallpaper or even on a marble backsplash!

IDSWeaversArt
Wool and silk grey beauties from Weavers Art

IDSLiving Lighting
This rustic glam chandelier is from Living Lighting on King. Also note the gold sconces behind. Think I need to pay them a visit!

Did you have a favourite booth/product at IDS?

(PS Darn Blogger is acting up again with the spacing!)

If you need design help, contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment