Friday, January 11, 2013

Hey there! How is 2013 treating you so far? I have some lovely new products, instagram pics and blog series ideas to share.

This post has been in draft since Monday for my Monday Meandering post.  I will still do those from time to time but since my blog is Decor Happy, I thought a “Things that make me Happy” post could be one of those round up posts where I include new products, where I have been, instagram photos, what’s new in my house etc. Anything that I feel is blogworthy that I come across at any time during the week not just Monday. Sound good? And I know I need to shorten these posts and spread them over the week – that’s my goal!

1) So the first thing I loved this week are some items from Ikea’s new Spring release.  Like these amazing French bistro style chairs called the Almsta.  How cool are these? And only $99 each (Cda).  They are made of rattan and bamboo and come in natural or black. Run, don’t walk, to your nearest Ikea to pick up a few to spruce up your dining room.  I have a feeling they will be selling out.  Affordable, comfortable, stylish dining chairs are hard to come by.

Ikeachair

Ikeafabric

I love this bright and fun summer-themed fabric called Ullabella.  Wouldn’t it be perfect made into a shower curtain for a girl’s bathroom? Yep, that’s what I’m going to do.   Or stretched over a large canvas as inexpensive art for a girl’s bedroom or playroom?

Ikeabilly

And finally, I love that they have upped the style factor on the well-loved Billy bookcases again. The backing of this Billy is inspired by the fanned pages of open books and it reminds me of a very expensive wallpaper.

2)  Celebrity designer Mary McDonald’s new fabrics and trim for Schumacher were released this week. 

Style, Glamour and Sophistication

marymcdonaldfabric

This is my favourite fabric from the collection and I would love to have this framed as panels for my bedroom (more on my bedroom makeover later.)  I’ll have to find out the cost – thinking it will be a tad more than the Ikea fabric :)

Go here to see the entire collection.

PS You may have seen McDonald on Million Dollar Decorators.  The latest season just wrapped up in the US.  Unfortunately, not  in Canada yet.  The Visual Vamp did a recap of the last episode in which Mary decorated her home. Read it here.  Notice her green velvet sofa – it’s much like my blue velvet sofa in my family room that I haven’t blogged about yet.

3) I shared these photos on Instagram yesterday.  The sun was streaming in throughout the house and everything looked so special so I had to share.

office bookcase

livingroom design books

The first image was taken in my home office and the second in my living room.  I LOVE my design books and refer to them a lot.  Since there is unending worthwhile advice waiting to be shared, I’m going to be sharing snippets/info/design advice from some of my favourite books.  So stay tuned for that series called Well Noted or something like that (will come up with something clever over the weekend!)

Speaking of weekend, I cannot believe it’s Friday already. Where did this week go?  Anyway, have a good one.  It’s supposed to be a balmy, albeit rainy, 13 ° C tomorrow.

Have a happy one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment