Thursday, January 3, 2013

I think all in all 2012 was a pretty stellar year!  I am so appreciative of the wonderful things that have transpired mostly due to this little old blog!  So, if you have been thinking of starting a design blog, go for it – you will be glad you did! And thank goodness for this blog which is a good reminder/journal of sorts.  Let’s take a  look back, shall we?

1) In January, we vacationed in Disney World with my sister and her family.  I hadn’t been there since the 80’s so it was a long overdue trip. So much fun!

Picnik collage1

2) In March, the Steven & Chris show taped a couple of rooms in my house for a segment on their show. So exciting! You can read all of the posts here and see what I did to ready my house for national TV.

Picnik collage

3) In June, the Home Depot sponsored a Blogger Backyard Party at my house. It motivated me to do something with my backyard.  It still has a long way to go but it’s getting there!  Reno & Decor magazine published a feature on the Backyard Party.

Leah15

4) A few rooms in my home were published in Style at Home magazine. Highlight of the year! 

Style at Home - Vanessa Francis Design

5) I took some steps towards organizing my home including designing a brass bookcase to house client files, etc.

 office-31-e-e

6) My love of florals knows no bounds! So, the powder room, entry and my daughter’s craft/play room all received a lovely dose of floral wallpaper. 

bathroom-16

7) Guest blogging at New York Spaces magazine, being featured on the Style at Home site and in the Toronto Star online are a few lovely media mentions.  Thanks so much!

yourhome.ca

8) I completed some amazing design projects with some wonderful clients. This bedroom will be appearing in print shortly. My favourite projects are those where I can completely overhaul the room, ie. start from scratch.  Almost always ends in a better result and a dramatic Before and After worthy of showing on the blog!

Popplebedroom2

9) Mr. Decor Happy’s den was completed and it has become our favourite room in the house. I haven’t been able to share it with you yet as I’m still waiting to hear back from the National Post  as to when it will run.  Here’s a little sneak peak though taken with my iphone that I shared on Instagram. I just adore the wallpaper – Cole & Son’s Cow Parsley Restyled.

Den After

10) Those were some of the (mostly) professional highlights.  Other highlights were seeing my 10 year old blossom into this awesome girl with the biggest heart. And I can’t forget acknowledging Mr. Decor Happy who gives me full rein to do whatever I please (decorating wise!) in our home. He’s a gem!

Last but not least, thank you readers for checking in from time to time to see what I am up to.  I really appreciate it and love reading your comments!

I’ll be back with some of my goals and home projects for 2013.  Have you set any goals for the year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment