I think all in all 2012 was a pretty stellar year! I am so appreciative of the wonderful things that have transpired mostly due to this little old blog! So, if you have been thinking of starting a design blog, go for it – you will be glad you did! And thank goodness for this blog which is a good reminder/journal of sorts. Let’s take a look back, shall we?
1) In January, we vacationed in Disney World with my sister and her family. I hadn’t been there since the 80’s so it was a long overdue trip. So much fun!
2) In March, the Steven & Chris show taped a couple of rooms in my house for a segment on their show. So exciting! You can read all of the posts here and see what I did to ready my house for national TV.
3) In June, the Home Depot sponsored a Blogger Backyard Party at my house. It motivated me to do something with my backyard. It still has a long way to go but it’s getting there! Reno & Decor magazine published a feature on the Backyard Party.
4) A few rooms in my home were published in Style at Home magazine. Highlight of the year!
5) I took some steps towards organizing my home including designing a brass bookcase to house client files, etc.
6) My love of florals knows no bounds! So, the powder room, entry and my daughter’s craft/play room all received a lovely dose of floral wallpaper.
8) I completed some amazing design projects with some wonderful clients. This bedroom will be appearing in print shortly. My favourite projects are those where I can completely overhaul the room, ie. start from scratch. Almost always ends in a better result and a dramatic Before and After worthy of showing on the blog!
9) Mr. Decor Happy’s den was completed and it has become our favourite room in the house. I haven’t been able to share it with you yet as I’m still waiting to hear back from the National Post as to when it will run. Here’s a little sneak peak though taken with my iphone that I shared on Instagram. I just adore the wallpaper – Cole & Son’s Cow Parsley Restyled.
10) Those were some of the (mostly) professional highlights. Other highlights were seeing my 10 year old blossom into this awesome girl with the biggest heart. And I can’t forget acknowledging Mr. Decor Happy who gives me full rein to do whatever I please (decorating wise!) in our home. He’s a gem!
Last but not least, thank you readers for checking in from time to time to see what I am up to. I really appreciate it and love reading your comments!
I’ll be back with some of my goals and home projects for 2013. Have you set any goals for the year?