Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Civic Holiday to my fellow Canadians.  Hope everyone is having a beautiful long weekend!

1)  The latest issue of House of Fifty is out and I’m loving the cover - well the whole issue really.  My friend Christine wrote the most insightful article on How to Build an Eclectic Space.  If this doesn’t stop you from “buying the set",” I don’t know what will!  Click here to read.

image

2) Recently stumbled upon this site. Love the photos pairing unlikely celebs like this one of Mick and Dolly.

image

3) I’m loving some of the new pieces in West Elm’s Fall preview.  You can see them here.

2011fall




2011fall2





2011fall3


  
2011fall4

4)  Ikea will introduce some new products in mid-August.  Vibrant textiles, vintage boxes and magazine holders and life-size (to a toddler) fabric dolls which make me smile are just a few items that caught my eye.

2011fall3




2011fall2




2011fall
(told you, didn’t these dolls make you smile?)

5) This post on ottomans was one of my first and I need to write an updated one as I am still a huge fan.
Sneak peek:  I picked up this ottoman and stuffed all 60” of it into my car to deliver to a client (the things we do!)  Isn’t it beautiful?  I custom designed it using a Thom Felicia for Kravet fabric.  My upholsterer did an amazing job on the diamond tufting.  It softens all of the leather furniture my client has (and wants to keep) and means that everyone can put their feet up while watching the tele!

DSC02518

Have a wonderful week!

If you need decorating help, I’m just an email away!  Please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment