Friday, August 26, 2011

I love discovering creative folks who transform dated pieces into gems.   Lia Fagan started following me on Twitter and before you knew it, we were exchanging emails with plans to meet at her studio.  Lia is a designer who transforms vintage lamps into one of a kind pieces.  She updates the wiring, paints the base and either salvages or creates a new shade, usually in a graphic pattern.


image
image
image
image
image
image

Aren’t they unique, colourful and charming? You can see all of her lamps for sale here.

In addition to transforming lamps, Lia also makes lamp shades. She will be creating one for my daughter’s lamp (below).   I have chosen some fabric and will meet up with her next week.  I’m also thinking of painting the base in a colour to work with the fabric.   

DSC02522

Make sure you stop by Lia’s witty and inspiring blog Mod Nest full of all things vintage.  She was  featured on Design Sponge  and also writes for Etsy

Do you have a lamp that could use a makeover?

Happy weekend everyone!

If you require design help, please contact me at vanessa{at}vanessafrancis{dot}com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment