Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We always buy a real tree, a Fraser Fir to be exact.  I love the look and the fresh smell.  We don’t usually buy it this early and I’m wondering if it’s a little dried out already.  The staffer at the Christmas tree farm assured me that they all look like this – white on the underside of the branches.

Every year I add a few new ornaments to the mix.  I love going to Pottery Barn post-Christmas when their gorgeous ornaments are usually 75% off.

The mercury glass, capiz shells and twine ball ornaments are all from the Debbie Travis collection at Canadian Tire.  The bronze balls were from Superstore and were a mere $5.99.

 tree6
 


tree1
 


tree2



tree3




DSC01455


I had a pink theme going for years and have some cute ornaments like the ballet tutu and ballerina.  My daughter has been asking for a white tree for her room, so maybe  next year I will buy one and she can have all the pink ornaments.

tree4

There is so much paper waste at Christmas so I almost always use gift bags instead of wrap.  (We can’t recycle gift wrap in my municipality, not sure if that’s the case everywhere.) You can dress up these “brown paper bags” from Deserres with pretty ribbon and they can be used and re-used year round.  They fit in nicely with my burlap “tree skirt” and bronze ornaments.

tree5

Well, the photography/lighting isn’t the greatest but here she is!  It’s hard to tell in the photo, but it’s almost 9’ high (we have 12’ ceilings in this room.)

I’m linking up to Sarah’s Christmas tree party and Julia’s Holiday party.

Have you put up your tree yet?  Do you have a theme/colours for  your tree?

0 comments:

Post a Comment