Sunday, August 29, 2010

My sister lived with the orange stained wainscoting and faux grasscloth wallpaper for a dozen years (at least!)  Well, she had finally had enough  and called me over to help her choose paint colours.

Before:

August 2010 009

Before:

August 2010 010

Before (they removed this unattractive 80’s light fixture as well):August 2010 011

Before:

August 2010 012

After:ginaafter

After:ginaafter2 Doesn’t it look all fresh and bright?   I chose Benjamin Moore HC-173 Edgecomb Gray (one of my all-time favourite colours) for the top and Cloud White for the wainscoting.  They wanted colour (yellow or red) but I suggested keeping it neutral and fresh because they planned on hanging their lovely collection of original art (painted by talented family members) throughout the room.  Edgecomb Gray is neither gray nor beige – somewhere in between and it changes throughout the day.  It also works beautifully with the colours of the stone in the fireplace.

My skilled (and oh so nice) painter did a lovely job and when I went to see it yesterday I was blown away by the transformation.  My sister and brother-in-law couldn’t be more pleased as well.

They still have a few things left  to do in the room.  They had the table and chairs made by a local craftsman who is also making a wood mantel to fit over the existing stone one.  They were going to replace the stone fireplace but decided to keep it as they really didn’t mind the look.  The mantel and a larger, more neutral area rug will be installed over the next few weeks. 

When am I coming over for dinner, Sissy?  (Did I mention that my brother-in-law is a talented chef?)

I’m linking up to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.

If you would like to transform a room in  your home, please email me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment