Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We arrived home last night after being away for 10 days.  I missed my daily blog reads but did manage to read a post or two whenever there was wi-fi.  (I must get some sort of a roaming package next time I travel.) 

We spent a few days at Darien Lake, NY doing this:

DSC00512-1

and this:

DSC00521-1

Even though I dislike rides, except for some of the water rides, we all had fun. 

We then went here:

DSC00530

(I’d like to believe that the old adage about the camera adding 10 lbs is true!)

DSC00536

And ate here (photo taken from their website):

moosewood

I have a few of their vegetarian cookbooks and have always wanted to eat here.  It wasn’t until we were about to leave Ithaca, that I realized that the restaurant was right next door to our hotel all along.  Although the decor is lacking, the food doesn’t disappoint.

While we were visiting my husband’s mom in the Catskills, her brother passed away.  He was very sick and we are thankful that we were there.  I love small town USA – a large portion of the town came out to express their condolences.  Rest in peace, Uncle Eddie.

And now on a more upbeat note, the winner of the CSN giveaway is:

randomorg2

Barbara from hodge:podge.  Congrats Barbara!  I will be contacting you soon with the info you need to collect your prize.

Thank you to everyone who posted, tweeted, followed.  I really appreciate it!

Hope you are enjoying the summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment