Monday, August 30, 2010

Kate at Centsational Girl is having a linky party where bloggers show the space where they blog.

wheredoyoublog 

My home office is a separate room on the 1st floor of my home where I have tons of storage and desk space.  As a decorator, storage is key. 

These photos are reminding me of all my to-dos related to prettying up the office!  I don’t really use the drafting table any more and am thinking of  replacing it with a round table that I already have.  (A painting I did at art school adds some colour.)   The bookcase for  magazine storage is built at this height so I could accommodate the drafting table or table below.  I really must get rid of that clunky all-in-one printer as I haven’t received or sent a fax in ages!

DSC_0048

I built this chalkboard because my daughter loves to play “teacher” or I can leave important reminders for myself.  This is probably only 1/2 of my magazine collection which is scattered throughout the house.

DSC_0040

Before the house was built, I had the builder bump out this wall (on the left) by two feet to accommodate the large storage drawers and to have ample room for a desktop with two workstations.  My daughter loves to do her crafts while I am working or blogging.

DSC_0055

Yes, these chairs aren’t the most comfortable – I only brought them in for the photos!  Our regular desk chairs are not that pretty, but oh-so-comfortable and are similar to the one at the drafting table.

DSC_0072

So, there you have it!  I’m probably the only person on the planet that doesn’t own a laptop.  I would love to have a more portable office and be able to work/blog in other areas of the house, so a laptop is definitely in my future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment