Friday, July 12, 2013

Hi there! This is a recent bathroom reno I worked on with the loveliest of clients.  This is their only bathroom in the house except for the powder room so it gets a lot of use.  The layout remained the same but everything was demolished and replaced. You will see why in a minute!

via Decor Happy

(art print by YangYang Pan)

This is what the tub area looked like before:

And this is the tub area now prettied up with wainscoting and the pristine Caesarstone surround. You can see that we closed in the back wall. For some strange reason it stopped before the window wall. We placed a privacy film on the bottom window as the client wanted privacy but didn’t want to block the light.

via Decor Happy 

via Decor Happy

And of course I had to include art in the design.  My inexpensive go-to art is a client’s own photography (I’m sure you’re tired of hearing that but it’s the truth!)  Most people have a treasure trove of photographs from trips sitting on their pc’s so why not enlarge them and hang them on the wall to enjoy daily.

This is the enclosed shower before:

And the shower after:

via Decor Happy

This was the client I mentioned that didn’t favour subway tiles or marble. For the shower walls, we used a large format tile and stacked them.  I was able to sneak in some marble in the niche though!

The vanity before. Yep, I used to have a kitchen like that many years ago.:

 

And then the vanity area after:

via Decor Happy

The vanity, medicine cabinet and mirror are custom and the counter is a dark grey quartz from Caesarstone.  The tiles are large format light grey porcelain tiles laid in a brick pattern.    

via Decor Happy

(All photography by Stephani Buchman.)

Everything is neutral so for shoot day, I sourced accents in teal/turquoise and coral. My client preferred the coral accessories so we used those. Love the polka dot towels from HomeSense and the vintage stool is from the Aberfoyle Antique Market. PS I always prefer towel hooks to bars.

The client is really pleased with how the bathroom was transformed - and I would have to agree. PS I worked with KCL Renovations on this. Contact them if you need a quote on a bathroom, kitchen or other reno.  They are great to work with!

Happy Friday!

Please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com if you require design advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment