Monday, July 1, 2013

Hey there! Just popping in to wish all my Canadian readers a very happy Canada Day. Hope you have a chance to relax, eat yummy food and maybe catch some fireworks. I plan on doing all 3!  Although I was born in England, my family came to Canada when I was 7 – so many, many decades ago!

Although Ontario is my home, I have lived on the West Coast in Vancouver with a walk to Kitsilano beach. Oh, how I miss that!

Kitsilano

And I am so excited to be finally visiting the East Coast this summer – Nova Scotia, Cape Breton and PEI. If you have any tips to share or must see places, please let me know in the comments.

PEI

What a beautiful country we live in!

And just a couple more items of note. Style at Home featured some Canadian designers talking about their favourite designs here.  I have mentioned Mod Pieces on the blog a few times as I have used them to revamp lighting.  They are having  a Canada Day sale which ends today and they now have pillows in their shop.  Go have a look.

Well, I am off to bake cupcakes (red velvet ones of course!) and celebrate the day!

And just a reminder that Google Reader will not be available after today. So if you read my blog via this method (I know many of you did), please either sign up via email or use another reader. You can click on the first icon at the top of the sidebar on the right (a dot with 2 curved lines) to subscribe via email.

I have heard that Bloglovin’ is a good one – you can follow me here or use the “Import from Google Reader” button.  Feedly also has a one click Google Reader import.  You can read about some other alternative ways to read blogs here.  Whatever method you use to read blogs, I hope you will continue to follow along on my design/decor adventures. I will have lots to share in the coming months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment