Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October 1st!  Hope you had a great weekend (and week for that matter as blogging took a back seat to client work these past few days.)

My friend Tim did a wonderful post on my home last week for his “Our Home” series. He even showed a couple of spaces that I haven’t shown on the blog before. I have shown sneak peeks on Instagram (follow me so you can see them too!)

bathroom-16
 Photo credit:  Leah Kirin

This is my powder room now with a bold blue and green floral wallpaper and an original drawing from a local artist.  I can’t tell you how much I love it and I love hearing people’s (positive)reactions when they open the door. 

Below is the previous wallpaper which I liked for the six years it was up but when it comes to decorating “change is good” is my mantra. I think what I like about the new wallpaper is that the background is an off white so it looks fresh whereas the previous one had a beige background and it looked a bit dingy. (Also, and I had no idea – the wallpaper below was hung upside down all these years! It’s hard to notice but yes, I see it now.) 

I’m thinking of changing out the mirror or painting it navy and I am also looking for a new light fixture.

powderroombefore

hall-04-e
Photo credit:  Leah Kirin

This is my small entry way with another bold floral wallpaper although this one has a watercolour effect. 

When you enter my home, you really get a sense of what my favourite colour is! (PS One day I will change my front door to something other than the standard builder issue.  I have painted it a few times though!)

Speaking of Tim, he is featured in the new Style at Home special issue (available on newsstands only) called “100+ Easy Renos & Makeovers.”  Like me, he is a serial decorator and always changing things up in his home. So, make sure you pick up the issue to see what he has been up to.  Oh, and for my US readers, I just heard that the Organizing issue that I am featured in is on select newsstands there.

There’s still time to enter the Paint it Like New giveaway here and take advantage of the Geovin sale which you can read about here.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

If you have a room in your home that requires attention, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis(dot)com. The cut off date for ordering furniture before Christmas is rapidly approaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment