Monday, September 5, 2011

I hope everyone is enjoying this last long weekend of the summer (here in Canada and in the US it's a holiday today).   Most summers seem endless but this summer for some reason flew by in a heartbeat.  I can’t believe it’s over.

The upside is that Fall is my favourite time of year and like the beginning of a school year, it’s a time for a fresh new start, a time to set new goals and make some changes.  (I’ll get right on that!)

So, here’s some holiday reading from around the web:

1)  Canadian House and Home staff picked their favourite paint colours for the Fall.

image

2)  Speaking of paint colours, if you are thinking of painting your front door, Fall provides the perfect weather for tackling this project.  To give you some inspiration, here are some images from my Pinterest account. I’m currently mad about yellow as a front door colour although it’s not that common in my suburban neighbourhood.

image


image



image




image

3) If you follow Michael Penney’s blog or you read the House and Home article on paint colours which said “former Style Editor Michael Penney,” you know that Michael left H&H.  Tomorrow he will be starting a new position working with none other than Sarah Richardson.  He will be working on season two of Sarah 101 with Sarah, Tommy Smythe and the rest of the team.  Sounds like a match made in heaven!

Sarah 101 is looking for homeowners who want to “redecorate or lightly renovate” their home - if interested read here.  (If you aren't chosen, then call me :) )Picnik collage

4) Hope all of the kiddies out there have a fun week back at school (I know my girl is not looking forward to it!) We head back on Wednesday.  Canadian Family has a Back to School Guide filled with tips to ensure a smooth transition. I’m looking forward to trying some of the breakfast ideas.

 image
(PS See that cute little redhead on the cover, that’s Christine’s daughter.)

5) The wonderful, unexpected part of blogging is the friendships you make. Tim had a few of us over to his beautiful condo for dessert last week. Had so much fun chatting about blogging, design and what’s new with everyone.  Read his post here. (Note to self: don’t stand beside the oh-so-trim Tim in a photo. I look like twice his size – must be my top or the fact that I only went to the gym twice this summer!)

image

6) Don’t forget about the Geovin sale which ends on September 15th.

image

Have a happy week!



If you need decorating advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment