Friday, July 15, 2011

You may have noticed the link in the sidebar to a guest post I wrote for Houzz. (Houzz is pronounced how-zz -  like house but with zz’s at the end.)

If you read blogs, then you probably have heard of Houzz.  If you haven’t, the Houzz site has been around since 2009 and has grown exponentially over the last two years.  With over 150,000 uploaded photos of design and decor inspiration, it is perhaps the largest home site out there.  Anyone around the globe can upload a photo – architects, designers, and homeowners.  You can also create an “ideabook” of your favourite images. 

Houzz contacted me to be a contributing guest writer for their product “ideabooks.”  The product section is fairly new to their site and provides links to products for the home.  I’m in great company with contributors such as Will, BethMrs. Lilien and Caitlin to name a few. You can read their product picks here.

I based “20 finds for Staging your Home” on what I typically recommend to staging clients to add charm and personality to their home.  A graphic cushion on a sofa, inexpensive fabric hung as art and new lighting can all do wonders to up the appeal factor of a home.

Click here to read and let me know your thoughts.

I love clicking through images on Houzz – you never know what loveliness you are going to see.  Below are a few that recently caught my eye.

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

Are you addicted to Houzz?

PS…I forgot to mention that Cecilia was the the winner of the giveaway of four prints by Andrea Stajan-Ferkul. Congrats Cecilia!’

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment