Sunday, March 13, 2011

Remember this Before I shared with you?  I realized I hadn’t posted the After photos.

This Before photo was actually taken after we had moved the sofa to this wall and rolled up the busy Persian rug.  The sofa previously sat in front of the window and really threw the room off balance.

livingbefore

Here is an After photo I took at Christmas (hence the reindeer. ) You can read all of the design choices and sources in the earlier post.  The first thing I suggested was to place an area rug throughout the entire room which has the living room to one side and the dining to the other.  This decision alone drastically changed the feel of the space.  Having one area rug in the living space would have made the room feel smaller.

after4

After 2

The client wanted to keep her sofa but everything else was sourced for the room.  She realizes that the cream tone on tone damask is a little dated and would definitely love to reupholster it down the road.  Quality pieces are always worth re-investing in.

She loved that we were able to use her oil paintings that were sitting neglected in the basement – nothing like original art to bring life to a room.  The arm chairs are a much better scale for the room and the coffee table is one of my favourites – love the reflective surfaces.   The room now has symmetry, balance and colour.

What do you think?

I’m linking up here.

If you need help updating your space, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment