1) I’m so happy to be working with Lindsay, Jen and other bloggers to transform a garden for George Herman House in Toronto. You can read Lindsay’s post here and feel free to contact any of us if you would like to be involved.
2) I’m looking forward to the upcoming release of two interior design books – one can never have enough!
Decorate by Holly Becker (of the immensely popular blog Decor8 ) and Joanna Copestick will be available in May in North America. Top designers and decorators “share over 1,000 professional tips, ideas, and solutions for every room and every budget.” Over 500 photos, how-to’s and floor plans will inspire you to create a home that you love. This is the UK cover which I absolutely adore and the lucky folks over there will get their hands on the book this month.
Funnily enough the other book is titled Undecorate, the No-rules Approach to Interior Design by Christiane Lemieux, founder of Dwell Studio. It will be released tomorrow (March 8) and Christiane shared a sneak peek on her blog today.
The rooms have a casual, collected-over-time look . You may recognize the room on the cover as it was featured on the cover of House Beautiful last year.
Two books with opposite names but similar goals: to inspire you to have a home that speaks to you and is filled with items that you love. You will definitely want both of these on your bookshelf.
3) Chelsea at Frolic wrote an informative post on her thoughts on crediting photos on blogs. Whether you are new to blogging or have been doing it awhile, it is a great read and reminder. Read the comments as well.
I always try to credit photos but have been remiss in linking back to the photographer as it is usually unknown. It is definitely a time consuming process but one that needs to be done. In this post I list and link to 50 sources. Not only should you be identifying the source but linking to it as well, like this:
Interior Design by Melissa Rufty via House Beautiful.
In this case, the photographer’s name wasn’t mentioned but I would link to all three sites if known. I love when bloggers link to the designer so that you can peruse their portfolio online and perhaps discover someone new.
4) In case you haven’t heard, Elte now has a warehouse location. I can’t wait to check it out. Oh, and their upholstery and lighting sale is on.
5) And last but certainly not least, the latest online magazine to hit the virtual newsstands is Dabble – design, travel, food. It is the brainchild of Canadian designer and Editor in Chief Kimberley Seldon. So happy for everyone that worked on their first issue – they knocked the ball out of the park. The photography is stellar and after reading, I have a real need to travel and visit places as diverse as Prague and Nashville.
Also want to add that I will be attending the Dabble launch party on March 24th at Elte. Here is the invite if you would like to attend. Everyone is welcome. Let me know if you are attending – would love to meet some readers!
Hope you have an incredible week!
If you require decorating advice, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.