Monday, March 28, 2011

This is where I link to blog posts I think you may enjoy, share new products and what I have been up to in the past week. 

1)  Last week CityLine invited a few lifestyle bloggers to be in their audience and then hosted a get-together after the taping at the swanky, new Ritz Carlton.  The show airs tomorrow (Tuesday, March 29, 2011) at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. EST.

Picnik collage

See the smiling face in the floral top in the photo above, that’s Sarah Gunn and she is CityLine’s first Blogger of the Month. On the car ride down, she didn’t say a thing until we see the taped piece of her – congrats Sarah!  You can read her blog post here.

2)  The Toronto One of a Kind Spring Show starts this Wednesday at Exhibition Place and runs until Sunday.  It really is a must see.  Stay tuned for a post later this week and you can read my post on the Fall show here.

springOOAK

 

3)  My last post on the garden design for our Bloggers Give Back project has me thinking of gardening and outdoor furniture.  I’m loving some of the new outdoor products from Pottery Barn such as this all-weather wicker dining table and chairs.  You can see all of their new products here.

image

4)  I haven’t done a post on a designer whose work I admire in awhile but have had a few on my mind.  One of those are New York based designer Tom Scheerer whose work was most recently featured in the April, 2011 House Beautiful.  He describes his style as “relaxed modernism”  which you can see reflected in the kitchen below.  I love everything about it – the gorgeous wall tiles, the bentwood chairs and the lack of upper cabinets.

Since Michael posted about him recently, I thought a link to his post would suffice.  If you haven’t checked out Michael’s blog yet, you are in for a treat. 

image

I hope your week is off to a good start!

If you need decorating assistance, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment