Friday, February 25, 2011

One of my clients had this chair sitting in her garage for months and had intentions of donating it.  When she told me she originally paid $2000 for it, I suggested that we reupholster it and place it in her family room.  The upholsterer agreed that the construction of the chair was first rate and it was worth bringing back to life.

DSC01733rev

 

DSC01806rev2

I agree with Michael Penney that every room needs a stripe and this particular stripe has a real beachy vibe which works well in the room.  Wing chairs never go out of favour and play nice in almost any style of room, from modern to traditional. (The area rug above is staying for the short term so I ignored it when choosing the fabric!)

Consider re-upholstering a chair if it is good quality and keep in mind that you will need 6-7 yards of fabric plus the cost of re-upholstering.

I also designed this custom bench for this client, providing extra seating at gatherings and making good use of this unused space off her kitchen.  I love the extra thick foam.

DSC01809rev

Thank you for your sweet comments on my last post.  If I haven’t emailed you, I will answer your questions in another post.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

I am linking up here.

If you require help creating a home that makes you happy, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment