Monday, February 14, 2011

highgloss

1)  Around this time last year, I wrote a post on decorating with red.  I have touches of red in my own home and I think it brings warmth and personality to a room.

I just love this bedroom, especially the mix of red, coral and pink:

image

And I’m really into painting furniture glossy red these days:

image

Or the statement that just one red object in a room makes:

image

2)  Thanks Shannon for letting me know that Kelly Wearstler has a blog .  Like Shannon, I was most intrigued by the “vibe trays” for each of her clients which includes inspiration, finishes and fabrics for her projects.  I keep client samples in metal bins and wish I had the space to utilize these large trays where everything can be seen at a glance – brilliant!

image

3) I’m loving the judging panel on American Idol this season (yes, I’m a fan!), thanks in part to Jennifer Lopez.  It’s no surprise that her home is glamourous without being over the top – “Serene Glamour” as Veranda aptly describes it.   Michelle Workman, designer to the celebs,  says “the key to keeping everything in balance is the subtle gradations of color across the generously scaled rooms.”

Michelle also writes a blog here. You can see more images and read the article in Veranda here.

 image
image

4.  Bryn let me know about this pretty kitchen makeover.  What I love about it is that the homeowner ripped out the existing granite backsplash and installed classic white subway tile (you know how I love subway tile), continuing it above the cabinetry to the ceiling.  There were no “befores” but I can only imagine how dark and dated the granite backsplash made the kitchen feel.  She also added a couple of shelves and a gorgeous chandelier she found at a consignment store no less. 

image

5)  I’m guest posting over at the talented and witty Matt Leblanc’s blog today talking about one of my favourite things – art walls.  You can read my post here.

image

I wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day. Whether it means doing something fun with the family or that special someone or treating yourself special, enjoy!

Photo credits: 1 – High Gloss; 2 – bhg; 3,4 – Rue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment