I hope everyone had a wonderful Labour Day weekend. The less than desirable weather here afforded a great opportunity to finish up some “to do’s” around the house.
The frames are from Ikea and Michael’s and the art wall includes:
- book jackets (or colour copies) from some of her favourite books
- my favourite pieces of her art from preschool to now (she is in Grade 3)
- a poster signed by her cousin who played the lead in Charlie Brown in his last year of high school
- a print by this artist I met this past summer
I can easily swap out what’s currently here as new art presents itself either by my daughter or another artist.
I love this Andy Warhol-esque self-portrait she did in art class last year.
- wall colour is Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue (one of my favourite blues)
- the sofa is actually a sofa-bed from Ikea – practical for sleepovers.
- fabric on custom window seat cushion and cushion is from Designer Fabrics in Toronto. The foam is soy-based and is environmentally friendly!
I’m linking up to BNOTP.