Monday, September 6, 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labour Day weekend.  The less than desirable weather here afforded a great opportunity to finish up some “to do’s” around the house.

One of those items was organizing and de-cluttering my daughter’s playroom.  I also wanted to hang some of her artwork and other meaningful items on the walls. playroom1 

 playroom2

The frames are from Ikea and Michael’s and the art wall includes:

  • book jackets (or colour copies) from some of her favourite books
  • my favourite pieces of her art from preschool to now (she is in Grade 3)
  • a poster signed by her cousin who played the lead in Charlie Brown in his last year of high school
  • a print by this artist I met this past summer

I can easily swap out what’s currently here as new art presents itself either by my daughter or another artist.

I love this Andy Warhol-esque self-portrait she did in art class last year. 

DSC00760

Other notes:

  • wall colour is Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue (one of my favourite blues)
  • the sofa is actually a sofa-bed from Ikea – practical for sleepovers.
  • fabric on custom window seat cushion and cushion is from Designer Fabrics in Toronto.  The foam is soy-based and is environmentally friendly! 

I’m linking up to BNOTP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment