Thursday, May 13, 2010

I received the June 2010 Elle Decor in the mail today and I have to say that, in my opinion, it is their best issue yet. I’m pleasantly surprised that I received it so early (all the way up north in Canada) since it doesn’t go on newsstands until May 24th.

All of the homes featured are charming, comfortable and most importantly liveable. Even the cover is inviting and the photography spectacular.

Junecover

I am particularly smitten with Meg Ryan’s Martha’s Vineyard home. She renovated and decorated the home with help from Marsha Russell of Satinwood. It was a large, open structure and she added walls – separating the kitchen from the great room and the master bath from the bedroom.

“Meg wanted someone to bounce ideas off and to find things for her,” Russell says. “But she’s the visionary on this project. She has a wonderful aesthetic and a great eye.”

To see the rest of the home, you have to pick up the issue – it won’t disappoint.

megryan3

This is her amazing view!

megryan5

What do you think? Are you smitten too?

On another note, Scandinavian Chic is giving one lucky reader a one-year international subscription to Elle Interior Norway. You can enter here.

If you want someone to bounce ideas off or find things for you (like the designer working with Meg), please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment