Wednesday, May 19, 2010

birthdaycake2

One year ago today, I wrote my first blog post. Happy Birthday Decor Happy! (I didn’t really post over the summer, so I didn’t officially start real blogging until October of last year.)

I hope to keep writing and posting beautiful photos of beautiful spaces. (I also need to get a thesaurus to find other ways to say beautiful.)

I want to thank a few of my blogging buddies who have been supportive of my blog through their comments, emails, links or advice: Victoria and Kelly, Nancy, Maria, Greet, Paula and Holly. The first person to comment was Liz – that was a happy day.

In honour of my 1 year blogging, I thought I would share 10 random bits of information about myself.

1) I have a degree in Commerce and Political Science from the University of Toronto. Boring, right?

2) In a previous life, I was a Human Resources Manager for a large municipality and a software engineering firm.

3) I went back to school for interior design (BCIT in Vancouver.) It was challenging, rewarding, and inspiring all at the same time.

4) We adopted our beautiful daughter when she was a few weeks old from Georgia, USA. If anyone is considering adoption, I can tell you that it is an amazing journey.

5) My husband is also American (from a small town in NY). His company transferred him to Toronto 16 years ago and we met here.

6) We lived in Vancouver, BC for 4 years. Our first home was a 15 minute walk to Kits beach and our second home was in North Vancouver nestled in the mountains. I miss that!

7) I used to teach yoga and hope to do that again someday soon. I still practice but not as often as I should.

8) Like most people, I love to travel. Did the Europe backpacking thing with girlfriends after university; visited warmer climes in the winter – Barbados, Jamaica, Curacao, Venezuela, Dominican, etc; would love to rent a villa in Italy or France for the summer (just putting it out there.)

9) I live in a booming town called Milton, which is about 45 minutes northwest of Toronto. We are fairly close to the Escarpment where there are a number of hiking trails (love hiking.)

10) I love to help clients create a home that makes them happy.

Thank you for reading my petite blog. I hope you feel inspired to create a home that is comfortable and beautiful (there’s that darn word again.)

Vanessa

0 comments:

Post a Comment