Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Have you noticed that glossy white dining tables seem to be more prevalent than ever in design magazines? You would need to have either white walls, floors or other pieces of white furniture to make this work. Last year, I decided to have my wood dining table spray painted white. It is almost 10 years old but in great shape and Canadian made; and I love its simple lines and the fact that it has two leaves, seating 10 quite comfortably. I am thinking of painting the dining chairs black or purchasing new wood chairs like these from Restoration Hardware. I will share photos when I am done. Below are some inpirational images. Perhaps your dining room needs a fresh look?

whitediningtablechatelaine1

Chatelaine. This is the renovation of the home of photographer Mark Burstyn and his stylist wife, Kerry. He made this table himself using Ikea legs and a plywood top – doesn’t it look high end? I will do a post shortly on Mark’s beautiful photography.

whitediningElledecor

Elle Decor. I have always loved this fresh dining room with its mismatched chairs and gorgeous chandelier in Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick’s weekend home in the Hamptons.

whitetabledomino3

Domino

whitetabledomino2

Domino

whitetabledomino

Domino

whitetablemethome

Metropolitan Home. The classic midcentury Eero Saarinen table.

whitediningtableED1

Elle Decor

whitediningtableED3

Elle Decor

0 comments:

Post a Comment